Friday, April 26, 2013

Can I get on Xbox Live without a HDD by using a USB flash drive?

Q. With the new ability to store games and saves on a USB flash drive on an Xbox 360, is it possible to get on Live without a hard drive if I have a flash drive connected? I was thinking about getting an arcade system with the new price cuts. And please, no "Don't get a 360, get a PS3" comments. And no "Get a new Xbox!" comments. Thank you!

A. You can use a regular flash drive and format it up to 16GB and use it for saves and everything. You can add up to two of these to your system for a total of 32GB of memory.

The flash drive needs to be at least 1GB because the xbox formatting takes up 512 MB.

Note: This was added as a recent update, so if you have an older model xbox without an internet connection you will not be able to do this. You can hook it up to the internet and download updates for free.

can i download Xbox 360 games off the internet and onto a flash drive?
Q. and then can i load then game onto my 360? i have a hard drive. what is a good website for free games?

A. Well, if a person had the proper software, it would most likely be possible. But it would be highly illegal, and the benefits of the free games would be outweighed by the jail time and lawsuit you would most likely face, because most likely there are plenty of anti-piracy features implemented into the Xbox 360's operating system.

In short: Stay within the law.

How do I put my songs from my iPod to my Xbox 360?
Q. I got a brand new Xbox 360 and I put my wire that connects to my iPod nano (new one) to my Xbox where the flash drive is at. It says the songs are on it but won't play? It says I need to log into Xbox Live but I don't have that in order to update it.

A. You need to update the media player and the only way you can do that is by joining Xbox Live. If you don't want to pay for Xbox Live, there is a free 30 Day trial when you first sign up. Then when your trial runs out, you get degraded to silver, which is pretty much Gold membership but without online game play so you can still download add-ons or update the media player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment