Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How can I bargain a good deal for a Xbox 360 S?

Q. I want to get a Xbox 360 and since no store is bringing the price down... I want to haggle a deal. How can I tell an employee I want a lower price or some accessories? Maybe a game or a hdmi cable.

A. You're not going to get a lower price for a new one. Microsoft sets the price of the 360s and stores can't drop them. You can try to find a used one at Gamestop or a similar used game store.

Do Xbox 360 games from different regions have different quality?
Q. I'm just wondering if an Xbox 360 version of, say, 'Gears of War' made in the Asia Pacific region be inferior to a version made in the U.S., assuming both are legit copies?

In other words, does the region of the game have any impact in the performance/quality of the game? Ignoring pirated games, of course, which obviously would be inferior.

I'm just wondering because certain region-free Xbox 360 games are priced lower when compared to their American counterparts, despite having almost the same content (and arguably more, if you take asian subtitles into consideration heh)

On a related note, does the region of a DVD impact its quality? I know that certain features would be absent; for example, certain features (Dolby 5.1 Surround, Anamorphic Image) are absent in region 3 DVDs while present in region 1 DVDs... But otherwise, are there any quality differences?

Thanks, and sorry for being long-winded!

A. Not quality but possibly format making impossible if you buy a game from asia to be played on an American xbox or any other media for that matter. PAL is usually used for the eastern states asia and such and NTSC is American and Canada

If I turn in 10 PS2 games to Gamestop, can I possibly get 1 Xbox 360 game for a lower price?
Q. I want to turn in some old PS2 games I dont use anymore and wanted to get NBA 2K11 for Xbox 360. Will I be able to get some kind of discount or store credit that can be used toward getting NBA 2K11?

A. Well when you turn i games to Gamestop they give you either store credit or straight up cash. If you ask for cash then you will get a lower amount of money than what you would have gotten if you chose the store credit. My friend traded in a ton of games and got $180 store credit, but only like $120 cash. (Not sure on actual numbers, but I know it was a lot less).. With the store credit you could buy the NBA game and with the cash you can buy the nba game. I would personally choose store credit and after you buy the NBA game ask them to put the left over money on a gift card.

I recently purchased NBA 2k11 for the xbox and I had to go to several different stores since they all ran out of copies. So Check for Availability on their website for stores near you. Have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment