Monday, July 22, 2013

How do I set up a PC controller on Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 for PC?

Q. I bought a MS C8G-00004 - Game-pad ( Xbox 360 Cross-platform gaming controller for PC, USB connection ) and installed properly. But it did not work automatically. I still have to paly my game via keyboard. How can I make my controller working ?

A. I'm wondering the same thing. I just got all ready to launch it for the first time and the controller didn't automatically set itself up. I went into the limited options menu's and the option is nowhere to be found. I've noticed the screen with the button assignment, but it's keyboard options (A,S,D,W), so that doesn't work.

Anyhow: Here's my set-up:
PC, Vista, XBOX 360 controller, Modern Warfare 2

How do you choose which gaming console to buy multi-platform games for?
Q. For those of you who own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3: How do you decide which system to buy multi-platform games for? What makes the one system better to buy a certain game for than the other?
So far NO ONE has answered this question adequately. I asked, if you own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, how do YOU decide which system to buy games for that are available on both systems, not advice on how *I* should make a decision. This is about YOU, not ME!

A. I own all 3 systems.

For me I choose based on a few things:

-what kind of game it is
-which controller best suits it
-which platform was the lead development
-which looks best graphically and performs the best in fps and/or dropped frames.

Games directly effected that I own:

Shadows of the DAMNED
chose the ps3 version for it because it has better blacks, color is more realistic and the game was conceived as a ps3 only title from the beginning but later found development for the xbox360. Also note that while the ps3 had better visuals it had more screen tear than xbox, but the places it tears are high up the screen space and therefore isn't much of an issue. Controller choice wasn't much of an issue because its a 3rd person shooter for the most part and dualshock 3 is just fine for that.

Burnout: Paradise
I chose the xbox360 copy for mostly one reason: the controller triggers. You drive with the triggers and the ps3 has awfully bad r2/l2 triggers, the xbox on the other hand has great triggers. And regarding the graphical comparisons, EA did a very good job at making both platforms near identical if not exactly the same. I've heard some people say the ps3 version is better for minor reasons I can't recall but I chose primarily based on the controller for this game.

Aside from those examples I have my own smaller reasons that used to be an issue. Before I sold my ps3 phat and got a slim, I preferred not to get a game that required alot of persistent game time because the phats get really hot, and the threat of YLOD is infact real, more so now than in past years because of aging thermal paste. Something to keep in mind if it applies to you, I personally have a jasper board xbox360 so heat or RROD is not an issue for me for that system either.

Lets see... these days there hasn't been many games I am interested in getting that are multi-platform. For the most part one way to be sure a game is as enjoyable as possible on one of the systems is to try to find out which system was the lead in development and that should generally cover controls and otherwise unless preferences override it (d-pad differences and triggers are the primary system opposites).

I guess for the sake of completion I should mention how I view online.

Online is not a very big part of my gaming regardless of the game; however I do know and consider the fact that Microsoft will keep ALL games working online until the death of the console regardless of game. But for Sony the online features are entirely dependent on the publishers/developers, so when they decide they do not want to fund it any longer it will disappear. This would have been an issue for me if I cared about Demon's Souls or Dark Souls and their online features. I remember hearing Demon's Souls was going to go offline recently but Atlus changed their minds and decided to keep it up longer.

I do pay for xboxlive because I've been able to get gold cards stocked for cheap before the 10 dollar increase to 60 per year. If that wasn't the case, then online might have more sway in how I may view which platform to get a game, for the CoD games I don't care because my friends had xbox360 first so we played those versions exclusively.

What system should I buy multi-platform games for?
Q. I have all three next-gen systems (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360). I'd like to have one system that I buy all multi-platform games for, but I don't know which one to buy for. Any thoughts or words of advice would be awesome!

A. combineurwiixbox360andps3foronly30$.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment